Thursday, October 18, 2012

Baby Update: 27 weeks

It's been business as usual since my last baby update. Not much has changed, except for the size of my belly.

It's the very last week of my second trimester. Next week I'll begin my third trimester, which means this baby's birthday is getting closer and closer.

I'm feeling great. I've got tons of energy and I'm having virtually no side effects from this pregnancy. My weight gain has been steadily creeping up. I've gained 12lbs. so far.

***Side note on weight gain: I just think it is crazy the pressure that is put on women. When you aren't pregnant you are not small enough, and when you're pregnant you suddenly aren't big enough. I've had so many people comment on how small I am. I know it is meant as a compliment, but it just makes me feel self conscious and then I start to worry about the baby. (Also crazy how much I'm already worrying about the health, safety, and well-being of this little baby). For example, last week I was getting a pedicure and another girl walked in who was very pregnant. The pedicurist asked her when she was due, I thought for sure she was going to say the end of October or November. But no, she said she was due January 23. Then the pedicurist looked at me and said, "But you're due January 15, why you so small?" Maybe it is the hormones, but all I wanted to do was cry.

Anyways, I had my monthly appointment this morning. My favorite part of these appointments is that I get to hear Baby J's little heartbeat. Since I'm not high risk and baby is developing perfectly I don't have any scheduled ultrasounds, so these little heartbeats and kicks are all I get until Baby J makes his or her appearance. It is 30 seconds that I cherish. Today Baby J's heartbeat was 137 - good and strong, just the way we like it. And, if you were wondering, Dr. Golden is very happy with my weight gain and the baby's development. He told me that everyone carries different and some people gain all their weight at the beginning and some at the end, and some gain steadily all along. And he told me not to worry.

I have another appointment in 3 weeks, then I start having appointments every other week until Christmas. Then I have appointments every week until Baby J decides to come! 3 months seems like forever to wait, but at the same time it seems way too close! 

No comments:

Post a Comment