Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baby Update: 30 weeks

I'm getting BIG! :-)
30 weeks down, 10 weeks to go!

I'm still feeling great, but definitely starting to feel pregnant. I've obviously been feeling pregnant for a while now between the growing belly and the baby kicks, but I'm talking more about feeling the restrictions of pregnancy. I get really tired really fast. I'm used to going 90 miles an hour and I just can't. And sleeping, well I've said goodbye to that. There is no comfortable way to sleep. My Boppy full body pillow doesn't even do the trick anymore. I guess this is prepping me for all those sleepless nights to come. I've also started having a few noticeable Braxton Hicks contractions. These are the false labor pains that are totally normal. They aren't painful or regular and help your body prepare for the real deal. I actually wish they didn't call them contractions. That word - contractions - freaks me out. I haven't even been able to start reading the labor and delivery section of my What to Expect book. All I want to know is when does the stork come in?

I had another one of my regularly scheduled appointments this morning. Everything is good. I've gained 15lbs. and the baby's heartbeat is still strong. Baby J has been on a non-stop growth spurt the past few weeks, part of why I've been soooo exhausted. Dr. Golden said just wait, this growth spurt was nothing. :-) Baby J still has a LOT of growing left to do in a relatively short amount of time. From here I start having appointments every other week until Christmas. Then I'll be 36 weeks and will start going every week.

I really wish I could find out more about the baby, like how big it is right now, if he/she has any hair, if he/she is a he or a she. I'm just so curious. I'm curious to know what Baby J will look like and what his/her personality is like. It's so crazy to think that this little thing inside me will grow up to be a person. Kind of mind-boggling to think about.

Exciting things are happening in the nursery. First of all, we have a room we can actually call a nursery. We had to completely clear out everything and do some major cleaning. This was one of those rooms we always kept the door to shut. We still had things we hadn't unpacked yet from living in Rome. I'll let you do the math, but we moved back to the States in February...

***Side note on the benefits of unpacking...I had a favorite pair of handmade shoes that I got in Capri, Italy. I LOVED them. I loved them more than you should love a materialistic thing. And can you believe they were the one thing I couldn't find after moving back. I was so sad. I might have even cried about it. I had it set in my mind that we were just going to have to take a trip back to Capri so I could get another pair. A bit excessive? Absolutely, but they were my favorite. So anyways, I was unpacking a bag that was in the nursery-to-be and there at the very bottom I saw a little glimmer of gold leather. My heart literally skipped a beat. I didn't believe what I was seeing. Sure enough, when I pulled everything else out, there they were. My beloved handmade gold flats. It was a very exciting moment in the Hunt house. Lesson learned? Yes. Unpack everything. :-)

I'm LOVING the nursery so far. I'm not really going with a traditional nursery design. I'm being selfish and designing a room that I want to spend a lot of time in. It will be calming and soothing for mom, dad, and baby. At least that is what I'm hoping. I'll let you know how calming and soothing it is after lots of midnight feedings and poopy diapers.

We've got all the furniture ordered from Pottery Barn Kids. So far just the rocker has arrived. The crib, which is backordered, should ship next week. The dresser/changing table shipped a few days ago and should arrive next week. Our super awesome carpet from Flor arrived Tuesday, and today I ordered all our crib bedding and the mirror for above the dresser from RH Baby & Child. (I am obsessed with Restoration Hardware!) I'm so excited everything is finally coming together!

Here's a sneak peek of the progress:

My rocker, complete with the fabulous pashmina throw
I got in Nepal that was handmade by women.

Close up of the rug from Flor. I used 2 different styles,
Feelin' Groovy and Rack Me Over, both in the color Sterling.

The mantle.

Close up of the dachshund bookends. Yup, that's right.

2 comments: