Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Baby Update: 32 weeks

Slow down baby! Mamma can't keep up with your non-stop growth spurt!

The past few weeks have been interesting to say the least. Baby J has done some serious growing and I'm doing some serious slowing down. No longer are people commenting on how small I am. Along with the joys of knowing that this little baby is growing come some discomforts. It's mainly just the heartburn and sleeping (or lack there of) that's driving me crazy. My mom said she had horrible heartburn when she was pregnant with me. I guess this is payback for that. But, on the up side, we're entering the final countdown. Only 8 more weeks of slight discomfort. I really have to emphasize the slight. We are beyond blessed with this pregnancy. I really, really cannot complain about anything. And, Jim loves to remind me that my back always hurt before I was pregnant.

I had another appointment this morning. It was great because Jordan, Jim's sister, is home from school for Thanksgiving and she was able to come with me to the appointment and hear the baby's heartbeat. She is VERY excited about being an aunt. :-) I'm up 17lbs. and baby's heartbeat was a strong 130. Have I mentioned that I love hearing that heartbeat? Such an amazing reassurance.

Tomorrow morning we're leaving at the crack of dawn to drive to my dad's in Virginia for Thanksgiving. It is going to be a loooong drive, but we're very excited to see that side of the family.

Once we're back from Thanksgiving I'll be in full baby prep mode. Right now I feel like I'm in a kind of holding pattern. I'm waiting for the rest of the furniture to arrive (just the bookshelf), I'm waiting to buy the rest of the baby gear that we need, I'm waiting to pack our hospital bags, I'm waiting to learn more about the birthing process and newborn care (our classes aren't until December). I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to have 2 more months to prep for Baby J. I'm just feeling antsy. I'm guessing this is totally normal though.

The nursery is looking great. Here's a peek at the progress (sorry the lighting isn't very good):

The crib. Jim and his dad (aka Pop Pop) put it together last night.

Close up of the crib bedding. Grey hand-tufted bumpers and percale
cotton sheets in Dune from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child with a basic
white cotton crib skirt from Amazon.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment