Monday, April 1, 2013

Two Months

Better late than never, right?

Last Monday sweet Jane had her 2 month well baby check up and got her first round of immunizations. 4 shots and one oral vaccine. Poor thing.

Jane is doing great growth wise. She is already 23 inches long and weighs 10 pounds 11 ounces.

I'm still mourning the loss of dairy in my diet, but Jane is like a whole new baby without it. Seriously, the difference is crazy.

We didn't make it to church for Jane's first Easter. I was told something was dairy-free at a restaurant on Saturday, but apparently it was cooked with butter...errr. So sweet Jane had a rough night and morning. There was going to be no going any where that required her to not be screaming. It is just so, so frustrating.

Despite the dairy, we did have a great Easter weekend. Jim's aunt, uncle and cousin from Memphis were in town. It was so great to see them. On Saturday we took Jane to the lake house for the first time. It was a beautiful day, boats were out and even a few brave souls wake boarding...brrr. On Sunday my sister and Dustin came to town and we had a lovely afternoon and enjoyed a tasty meal that my mom cooked.

In other news, my last day working for Auburn University was Friday. I decided I needed to take time to focus on raising my little girl and focus on my jewelry business. If you would have told me a year ago that in a year I would have a baby and be a stay-at-home mom I would have laughed at you and told you you're crazy. But, life is just funny like that. :-)

In about a week and a half we're headed to California so Jane can meet the rest of my family. Poor Jim has to stay here and work so it will just be me, Jane and my mom. I'm a little nervous about flying with Jane. It is about a 5 hour flight and I really don't want to be that person. You know, the one with a baby that screams the whole flight...oh well. I'm so excited to see my family and for all of them to meet our sweet baby girl!

Here are some snap shots and a video from the past month:

Hanging out in the mamaRoo. Best thing in the entire world.

She thinks it is funny that she just tinkled everywhere
while I was changing her. hah.

Bath time!
Aunt Laura came to visit and Libby had to get in on the snuggles too!






1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I love that video at the end! So, so cute. She's adorable, Emma!

    ReplyDelete