Tuesday, April 30, 2013

California Dreamin'

Jane, my mom, and I recently went to California for a fabulous 10 day trip.

Unfortunately Daddy-O had to sit this trip out. After all, someone's gotta earn the moolah, right?

I was more than a bit nervous about traveling with the Little One and actually almost cancelled the whole trip two days before we were set to leave. Jane had one of her bad days, like REALLY bad, like so bad she screamed from 9am-9pm (no joke) kind of days. I knew once we got to California it would be fine, but I was just really scared about the flight. I didn't want to be the passenger with the screaming infant. But after a lot of prayer from a lot of people I decided to go. I'm so glad I did. Jane was amazing on the plane. She was super happy the whole flight. And I was the proud Mamma who got to prove everyone on the flight wrong.

When we walked up to the gate you could see the fear in everyone's eyes. I could almost hear the passengers saying, "Don't stop here, don't stop here!" I know I've said that before, especially before my long overseas flights. So we board the plane, we're in a bulk head seat with room for three. My mom was busy taking pictures of me and sweet Jane to document her first trip and from behind, my mom heard a man say, "Oh s***." (Rude, right?) He was the one sitting next to us and he was less than pleased to be on a flight with a baby, let alone in the same row. He was the main one I was determined to prove wrong and I'm so glad we did!

Anyways, enough about the flight.

Normally when we go to California we ALWAYS squeeze in a trip to San Francisco - one of my absolute favorite places on Earth - or do some wine tasting in Napa or drive down the coast to Carmel and Monterey, but this trip was different. This trip was all about family. Basically all of my mom's family lives in northern California in the Sacramento area. My grandparents, my aunt and uncles (my mom has 1 sister and 3 brothers), my cousins and their kids, my great aunts and great uncles, and so on and so on.

In addition to introducing Jane to the famiglia it was Weezie's (Grandma Louise, my mom's mom) 75th birthday. That made the trip even more worth it. I absolutely loved the time to spend with my amazing family. I'm so blessed to have all of them in my life!

I could go on an on about all the details of the trip, but instead I'll leave you with some pictures and videos.

Ready to go!
Knocked out...finally.

Discovering Baby Einstein with Weezie.

Me, Kara & Jane

Uncle Noah and Jane

At Noah's house

Mariah and Jane

4 generations

Grandpa Ben & Jane


Jane's first trip to a museum!

Visiting Mariah at her job at the museum. (We're a proud family! Can you tell?)

Paul & Jane
Trying to roll over!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet! And so glad baby Jane proved the whole plane full of people wrong. :) Seems you two had a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete