Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This Mom thing is hard...

Yesterday felt impossible.

Our sweet Jane cried from 7:30 in the morning until sometime after midnight. We had spurts of calm, but nothing longer than 30 minutes. Jim even came home early from work to give me some relief.

They say it is totally normal for newborns to have painful gas and digestive problems, but when there is nothing you can do to take the pain away from your baby it is heartbreaking. So Jane was crying and I was crying - all day.

Thankfully every morning we get a fresh start. Today is a night and day difference. Jane is back to her "normal routine." She's been sleeping all day, only waking up to nurse and be held for a bit.

Today feels possible and for that I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Emma! I hate that for you. I can't imagine how drastic life has changed for you over night. At least today is a new day and you're still an awesome Mama. :)

    ReplyDelete