Monday, February 18, 2013

Nap time rocks!

I'm talking about Jane's nap time...not mine. :-)

Slowly Jane is getting on a regular schedule and that means "predictable" nap times where this mommy can get stuff done. Hooray!

During today's morning nap I'm prepping for tonight's dinner. So what's on the menu? Chicken with roasted garlic in the Crock Pot. I based it on this recipe from Betty Crocker. I'm on a quest these days to find quick easy meals for weeknights which means me and my trusty Crock Pot are besties. It took about 15 minutes to prep and will cook for the next 8 hours. When Jim gets home from work I'll throw some asparagus in the oven and roast it for about 15 minutes. Then we'll just dish it up and have a nice healthy dinner that took no effort to prepare. I think this recipe will be a winner.

Other nap time accomplishments will include cleaning the kitchen, catching up on laundry I didn't get to this weekend, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make some jewelry. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I'm squealing in delight of this precious baby! Jane is adorable, Emma! So glad to hear you're getting some time to yourself too. :)

    ReplyDelete