Monday, February 6, 2012

Rome - A Love Story

Like all good love stories, my relationship with Rome has been full of really good fights, even better good moments, and memories I will carry with me my entire life.

For those who have visited Rome, you know it is a magical place. The history, the culture, the food - Italy just has a certain magnetic draw to it. For those who have lived here, you know that Rome can be a bit (well actually a lot) challenging. From the daily delays of the trains, to the Italian bureaucracy, to the odd opening and closing hours of stores. At some points I really didn't know if I could stand it anymore.

But, the truth is, I love Rome. I fell in love when I was here in 2009 for 4 months and I'm still in love as we are leaving after a year and a half.

Today is our last day in Rome. It is bittersweet and I'm not sure it has quite hit me yet. Tomorrow morning we board our plane back to the US, with all our luggage, plus our sweet puppy. New adventures await and la dolce vita will continue.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment