Thursday, February 23, 2012

On food

Wow. Talk about being blown away. The food in Nepal is delicious. In fact, some of the best I've ever had.

Nepal is in a unique location nestled in the Himalayas between India and China (Tibet), making it a crossroads for Asian cuisine.

Pictured to the right are my new favorite, momo - a Newari specialty. Which are dumplings filled with your choice of meats or veggies. Even ordered as take out from a little hole in the wall around the corner they are amazing.

I've also had tons of perfectly spiced curry, peri peri chicken (which was officially the spiciest thing I've ever eaten in my life), simple ramen, and loads of sweet pastries.

I've always had to classify myself as a wannabe foodie. I've always wished I could be an adventurous eater, especially when travelling, but haven't had much luck because of allergies (the worst and hardest to avoid being tomato). But, Nepal has renewed my faith in being able to travel with my taste buds.

Looking forward to more culinary adventures, but sad my time here is winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment