Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013

A year ago we were ringing in the New Year in Rome. My mom and sister were visiting and we had just returned from a fabulous little road trip through Tuscany. We knew 2012 was going to bring a lot of changes, we just didn't know quite how many.

In 2012 we said goodbye to Rome. We moved back to the States without jobs or knowing where we would end up. Within a month of being home we both found great jobs in Auburn and decided we would stay a while. And now we're expecting our first little baby, which I still haven't wrapped my brain around.

I'm learning more and more that there is a method to the madness and that He has a plan. If you would have told me a year ago that today I'd be within 2 weeks of my due date and that I'd be living in Auburn blocks away from where I grew up, I would have told you that you were crazy. But, as I'm living it I love it and I wouldn't change it for a thing. Over and over God has shown me that His plan for my life is far greater than anything I could have imagined or put in place myself.

I'm saying goodbye to 2012 with a box of Kleenex and Vicks VapoRub on my couch. Though it's not the most exciting way to end one year and begin the next, I'm thankful for all that 2012 had to offer and very excited for what 2013 will bring.

Buon anno a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment