Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baby Update: 36 weeks

Let Baby Watch 2012/2013 begin.

I'm officially 4 weeks away from my due date. Though I am getting more and more uncomfortable and excited about meeting this baby, I'd really like him or her to hang out for just a little longer.

I'd really like to have time to unpack our house, redecorate for Christmas, redo the nursery, and make a small stockpile of meals to have ready in the freezer. Selfish me. :-)

Today I had another baby appointment and everything is good. I've gained another pound. Putting me at 19lbs. gained so far. And, Baby J's heart rate was 134. The baby has "dropped" which is supposed to make me feel more comfortable, but those little feet are still in my ribs. Things are progressing like they should and this baby could come any time. The average for first time moms with a healthy pregnancy to deliver is 40 weeks and 3 days. So I could waddle around for a few more weeks, or go into labor this afternoon. Yikes...I'll take the first option please.

In other news, we moved on Saturday. And, while the movers were at our old house I conveniently had a baby shower. Is that good planning or what? The movers showed up 8:00am and by the time I was home at noon all the boxes were moved in and the furniture was in place at the new house.

As blissfully easy as it sounds the move happened it in actuality has been quite stressful. Packing, while working full time, while having a huge jewelry order to fulfill, while being 35+ weeks pregnant is not for the faint of heart.  Not to mention that 2 weeks ago we didn't even know we would be moving.

I am so blessed to have such an amazing family and husband. Jim, my mom and Jim's parents all stepped up and helped big time. They helped pack and move and then unpack, they helped clean the old house, and they helped this mamma-to-be stay calm and forced me not to do too much. I really cannot thank them enough.

The house is coming along nicely. And, we are almost done unpacking. I'm so proud of us. Nothing like a baby on the way to give a little extra motivation to get things done! I'll share more photos when we have things a little more set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment