Thursday, March 7, 2013

6 weeks

Well, it's just been business as usually in the baby department. She is six weeks old today and is growing like a weed. She's up to 9lbs. 14oz., that's up 2lbs. 2oz. from her birth weight.

Jane is changing every day. I can't begin to explain how fun it is to watch. She came out of me wanting to hold her head up, but now she is getting a little more control. We practice that on our walks when I have her in the harness. We've tried and tried "tummy time," but she HATES it. She's getting pretty talkative too. All those little giggles and coos are starting...nice to hear something other than screaming coming from her. hah

In other baby news it turns out that Jane is allergic to the cow's milk protein from my diet. After a series of very bad diapers and some skin reactions we decided to try cutting that out. I'm happy/sad to report that the symptoms have cleared up. Happy for Jane...sad for me. Goodbye my beloved dairy products. But, if that makes Jane happier and healthier then I'm totally willing to make the sacrifice, especially if it means I can keep exclusively breastfeeding. Plus it will also help with loosing this last bit of baby weight...no ice cream, no butter, no cheese. 

Here are some snapshots of her life the past 2 weeks:


First night in her crib! (This was about a week and a half ago)
Jane is doing great, she consistently only wakes up once at
night to nurse then usually goes right back to sleep. 
Me and Jane (and Libby too) getting ready for our daily afternoon walk.
Finally fitting in my 0-3 month clothes!
Love her funny faces.
...and little smiles.
So serious.
Just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, these are adorable Emma! She's so tiny & perfect. That one at the end got me! :)

    ReplyDelete