Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A sense of humor

Every now and then God likes to remind me that he has a great sense of humor. Today was one of those days.

I had my big mid-pregnancy ultrasound this morning and was SO excited to find out if we were having a baby boy or a baby girl. I had the whole family at the ultrasound and was just giddy with excitement. (I'd even been up since 4am with anticipation!)

Baby, on the other hand, had different plans. Baby was all curled up in a little ball and after much poking and prodding just would not budge. There was just no way to tell if it was a boy or girl.

I'm horrible with surprises. I am notorious for snooping for presents and shaking presents under the Christmas tree. I also can't keep a surprise a secret (I always end up telling Jim what he's getting before he gets it...). Not knowing something is just torture for me. But, this morning I wasn't in control. We're just not supposed to know right now and there's nothing I can do.

Even though I didn't get all the news I wanted this morning I really can't be upset about it because we got tons of other great news. Baby is developing perfect. All the arms and legs are accounted for. The bones in it's legs, arms, ribs and spine are all developing properly, which rules out almost any chance for skeletal deformities. All the fingers and toes are accounted for. The brain is developing properly and has no abnormalities. The face is developing just the way it should. We even saw Baby's little mouth moving!

We also confirmed the due date for January 15, which puts me right at 20 weeks. I feel great. I had an incredibly easy first trimester and, other than a growing belly, my second trimester has been just as smooth.

We have so much to be thankful for with this pregnancy and I love that God constantly reminds me that He is in control and that his timing is perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment