Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day Craft Project

Happy Earth Day!

To celebrate I decided to use items I had around the house to make a decorative wreath for our front door.

What you need:

  • 1 wire hanger
  • about 2 yards of fabric (I used an old mosquito net sheer curtain I had from Ikea)
  • Scissors
To make the wreath start by re-forming a wire hanger into a circle. Then cut lots and lots of strips of fabric. The beauty of this project is that the fabric strips don't have to be exact. I cut mine into 8-in.x2-in. strips, approximately. Then, just tie the strips on and fluff them around the hanger.

This couldn't have been easier, or cheaper, or better for our precious planet. It took about 2 hours, but I think it was worth it.

Here are some step by step pictures:








Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment