Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Market in Piazza Navona

I was given early departure from work today in celebration of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, a.k.a. the official start of the Christmas season in Italy, as well as the busiest shopping day of the year. So at 2:30 on the dot I headed for the station and met up with Jim in the center. He had just finished watching a ceremony with the Pope and I wanted to go to the Christmas Market in Piazza Navona. The market has a lot of junk, a lot of candy, and a few hidden gems, like my favorite ornament stand. I bought 6 beautiful hand-painted ornaments to complete our very first Christmas tree. (Pictures to come soon!) We didn't put up a tree last year since we weren't going to be in Rome for Christmas and it really felt like something was missing.

Here are a few pictures from the market.

The Pope

Piazza Navona jammed packed with people.

Bufana

Buying my favorite hand-painted ornaments to complete our Chirstmas tree

No comments:

Post a Comment